Pages

Fixing Gas Grill Problems

Have you ever started up your outdoor gas grill and found that after a few minutes of heating up, the temperature just hasn't risen to the level you would expect?  Periodically, this has happened to me, and after doing all of the normal check to ensure that the grill is clean and the tank is adequately full, you're left with very little option.  This is particularly interesting, when you've recently BBQ'd and the problem didn't exist two days prior or reoccurs every once in a while.

I ended up with this exact scenario and it had me thinking, why don't I do a quick YouTube search to see if anyone else has had this occur to them and see if a solution exists.  Within a couple of searches, I found @simplecommentary who describe my problem and the solution down to the wire.  Take a look:

    

Now, how about that! Strangely, it seems that the problem was related to how fast the valve is opened on the tank. I say this, because I usually just spin it open and do not give it another thought and 99% of the time, it's not an issue. Although, sometimes it does and to solve this problem, I simply followed the instructions below:
  1. Turn off the gas on the tank
  2. Disconnect the line from the tank
  3. Open the valves on the grill and wait a minute
  4. Close the valves on the grill
  5. Connect the line to the tank
  6. Slowly, very slowly turn on the gas
  7. Test by lighting one of the burners
After relighting the burners, within a few minutes my grill was burning hot and ready for a hearty Memorial Weekend BBQ!  If you run into this problem with the low flame remember this post and also, thank you @simplecommentary.  Additionally, taking a look over at barbequelovers.com they had a very detailed article on other possible troubleshooting areas related to low flame output or yellow flames, so be sure to check out those troubleshooting tips too.




   

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love it when you find the answer to the exact problem you are dealing with!
    I recently converted my old grill/propane to NG (natural gas). Learned a lot from some videos on youtube...

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you think.