Pages

Costco Kirkland Signature Coffee

Several years ago I started my quest to brew a great tasting consistent cup of coffee at home every morning. I was tired of making a fresh pot of coffee that smelled great but tasted as though it was filtered through my gym socks. So I started my quest at the supermarket trying all of the normal offering; Yuban, Folgers, MJB, etc. I carefully measured and charted the amounts of coffee that I used for each pot as I worked my way through the supermarket offerings. I never found a consistent pot. So the next step was whole bean coffee including Millstone, Kivu, Starbucks, etc. At this point Starbucks was the frontrunner albeit at $12.99 per pound, so my search continued.

Enter Costco Wholesale. While I was in the middle of my research Costco started offering whole bean coffee. So I worked my way through every type of whole bean coffee offered by Costco. Many tasted good at first but the consistency was not there. I would have a great pot on Monday but the next two pots on Tuesday and Wednesday would not taste as good.
My last great hope was Costco Kirkland Signature pre-ground 100% Columbian coffee in the 3 pound can. It took me a couple of weeks to test this coffee. As I worked my way through the quest for the perfect amount of grounds to make the perfect cup, my wife and I were both getting excited. Why? Because we were enjoying almost every pot as we worked our way through the  process of adjusting the amount of grounds in each pot. Some pots might be weak or strong, but the rich coffee taste was there without bitterness. We found our coffee!

So here I sit 4 or 5 years later and we are still enjoying a great cup of coffee every morning. I use a Cuisinart pot from Costco set on Medium heat. I scoop 2 rounded (not heaping and not level) ¼ cup scoops of grounds and place them in the white cone filters purchased at Costco. Every morning, every day, every can produces a consistent delicious cup of Joe. The best part? Right now a three pound can is $9.99, or $3.33 per pound. I dare you to find a better deal than that! This price varies for $8 to $15 depending on the current coffee market.

If you are looking for a great cup of coffee look no further that Costco. (by the way, Starbucks roasts this Costco) Shhh. It’s a secret.

1 comment:

  1. Anyone know any good places to buy gourmet coffee online besides www.coffeeforless.com?

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you think.