Pages

Getting Older

Well, as it turns out as I'm getting closer to the 40, I'm finding that I need to purchase some glasses for reading and my computing work. Additionally, it's getting to be a struggle to see those little screws in the remote control toys my kids have. Last week, I ventured to Costco's optical department and went through the rigors of the modern eye exam.

Today, I returned to Costco to order my specs. Much to my surprise, I'd almost label these things as cheap. The cost didn't compare to what I had in mind before I had went shopping around. I found some great frames, which probably fit better than they look, but I didn't spend an arm and a leg. When you walk away with your prescription, Costco doesn't push you right out the door to make a purchase, which I think is probably great that the optometrist is independent. I'll encourage you, shop around if you must, but if you find frames that you like at the store, grab them, they are very affordable. Additionally, I purchased a second pair with a $25 dollar savings, which was a nice little bonus.

 Keep it up Costco, always competitive and with great service.

2 comments:

  1. Love Costco! I should, we spend 4 to 5 hundred there a month...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes have been bothering me for a while. I will be hitting Costco next week for an eye exam...

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you think.