Pages

Fried Chicken Comparison

Nothing beats home cooked fried chicken.  For instance, we made this recipe from Bon Appetit Magazine  and it was amazing.  But, sometimes you are in a rush for a quick bite, which was my case about a month ago.  I stopped off at Albertsons and grabbed a couple of pieces of chicken and a pop.  The chicken had pretty good flavor, but it wasn't the best, but in a pinch for a quick lunch it was great.

I had another hankering a couple of weeks later, and thought, I'd compare Safeway's chicken to Albertsons'.  I didn't like it at all, the flavor was bland and it wasn't that appealing.  But, I thought I'd surely give it a try, because I feel that there is a difference between the store's departments.  I don't know about you, but I much prefer the bakery at Safeway over Albertsons.

So back to Albertsons I go after running errands all day last Saturday.  I stopped off because it was getting way past lunch, and I was starving.  I grabbed some chicken and headed to pay, as I was walking by the Starbucks, I realized I needed napkins.  I snagged a couple and found a little bonus, Grade A Honey!  I love honey on chicken and realized a great combination with Albertsons having Starbucks in all their stores, there's a little supply of honey for your to go lunch. 

Now, it doesn't beat the high quality, made with love, home cooking fried chicken you make on a cast iron skillet, but it'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you think.