Pages

Favorite Frozen Pizza

I would like to say a bit regarding my (and my bride's) favorite frozen pizza: Red Baron "Baron's Best" Supreme pizza. 
Supreme Pizza
My wife and I discovered this brand and specific pizza about a year ago (she was my then fiance').  We immediately fell in love with this pizza!  The baking instructions call for an oven setting of 400', center rack, for 27-30 minutes.  A bonus of this pizza is that it comes with it's own cardboard style baking pan.  I believe this is the key in how Red Baron delivers my all time favortie frozen pizza.  You see my favorite part of this pizza is the crust- more directly the bottom of the crust.  The baking pan seems to produce a just slightly crunchy with just enough grease from the toppings/cheese/etc... to produce an amazing piece of pizza.  We have found that 28 minutes exactly produces just the right crust without overcooking the toppings.  That is where you have to be careful....To produce the best crust you will have to just slightly overbake the pizza.  Some may not be in favor of this, but we have both over and undercooked the pizza and our end result has been to slightly overbake.  We have both agreed that we prefer this over ANY type of pizza- delivered, restaurant or frozen.  I will say that we have not ventured to try the Baron's Best 4 cheese, pepperoni or meat trio editions but it's hard to venture from something that you just know that you are going to love.  Of course with any food that you find you come to truly love there is always the downside... There are 340 calories per serving, and 6 servings per pizza.  I find it difficult to stop at half a pizza but I am usually successful however that means I've just consumed 1020 calories.  But, at least I enjoyed every single one!  If you try this pizza I'd like to hear your comments on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you think.